Our mission team was invited to Crosslink Intl.'s Luncheon, From the River to the World, this past Saturday at Bellevue and I was able to attend and learn about their ministry. I was not familiar with Crosslink until I heard they donated medical supplies for our team to take to the children in Malawi. At the luncheon, I heard several volunteers share about their experiences with medical mission trips using supplies provided by Crosslink. The stories they shared, of lives saved and others who have been aided in their sickness in pain, brought me to tears. I have a new appreciation for the over the counter medicine available to me and I'm completly humbled at how easily my family can obtain medical treatment at a hospital or physicians office.
Crosslink began in 1996 in Virginia and in recent years they opened an office in Memphis. Since 1996 they have shipped more than $33 million dollars in medical materials! I visited their web site, www.crosslinkinternational.net, and obtained a list of supplies they currently need. You can also make a donation on-line. In closing, one of the speakers suggested, "When you are shopping and buy vitamins (buy-1-get-1 free), buy one for your family and give one to Crosslink". I am excited about being involved, in another small way, in showing Jesus' love to the poor and the hurting!
List of Current Needs:
Ace bandages, Acetaminophen, Antihistamines, Band Aids, Bandages, Blood pressure cuffs*,Decongestants, Digital Thermometers*, Exam gloves, Ibuprofin,Needles,Pepcid,Sterile & non-sterile gauze, Stethoscopes*, Sutures, Syringes, Tape, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Tums, Vitamins - Adult & Pediatric
*If previously used, items must be clean and in good working order.
No comments:
Post a Comment