We leave for our great adventure 3 weeks from today! We got our second round of shots last week and our yellow fever, now we just have to look into the malaria med. We've also worked out our schedule for the fifteen days of childcare for Matthew and Lauren! We are so blessed to have friends and family who are so supportive and giving and we don't take it for granted! On that note, we wanted to let our friends know we are offering to help out with childcare when you have an opportunity to serve on a mission trip or foster care training. Also, for those who are wondering, William is aware of and fully SUPPORTS the offer!! :OP Seriously, we believe God blesses and rewards the ones "who stayed in the camp with the supplies" (in our case children) just as he does the ones who go into "battle". I Samuel 30:24 "The share of the man who stayed with the supplies is to be the same as that of him who went down to the battle. All will share alike."
We've also begun packing! Our team met this past Saturday and we divided up the medical supplies, sports equipment and some of the craft supplies for the VBS. (Above is a pic of two of our bags.) We still have room in our luggage and our team will be working with the Mission to see what other needs we can help with. I mentioned to some of you that we intially thought we were going to bring 200 pairs of new shoes, but that has since fallen through. I know some of you wanted to send supplies with us and I'll let you know when I found out what the needs are.
Our Sunday school teachers are leaving this week to go on a mission trip to Malawi and would appreciate your prayers. They will return close to when we depart and I can't wait to hear about their trip. They will really be "roughing it" and will be south of Blantyre in a more remote area. They will be leading a women's conference and sharing the gospel!
Also, the kids and I leave this morning to help my sister with her VBS in Cabot, AR. Please pray for the work we do there and the kids we get to teach. Also, please pray for peace and order, as there will be 4 adults and seven kids in my sister's apartment this week!
I'll finish with a verse in the language of Malawi.
Inu muli pafupi, Yehova; Ndipo malamulo anu onse ndi choonadi. Masalmo 119:151
But You are near, O Lord, and all Your commands are true. Psalm 119:151
No comments:
Post a Comment